Among hundreds of pressure washer brands on the market, Sun Joe is an outstanding brand since it has produced lots of money-worthy models with advanced features. In which, SPX3000 and SPX4000 are high-appreciated products.
Both are equipped with the same motor and power index, so what makes them different? And which one can meet your demands? To have the right answer, we have done a quick comparison here.
Let’s check out who the winner is: Sun Joe SPX3000 vs SPX4000!
Similarities Between Sun Joe SPX3000 and SPX4000.
Firstly, they are more exceptional than other pressure washers in the same segment when generating up to 2,030 PSI. Well, we all know that 1300-1700 is not the lousy index for a pressure washer. Still, as the experienced contractors’ recommendation, the PSI around 2000 – 3000 is more effective in cleaning dirty stains on the concrete surface.
Besides that, these two products provide the water flow at 1,76 GPM. The combination of high PSI and relative GPM makes the washing process more productive and efficient, thus reducing the amount of water needed.
Secondly, SPX3000 and SPX4000 both come with four quick-connect nozzles with four sizes (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°) and a detergent one. Furthermore, they are equipped with powerful motors with 14.5 amp and 1,800 volts that can provide high pressure at the nozzle, providing excellent performance when cleaning the car and furniture outdoors.
Differences Between Sun Joe SPX3000 and SPX4000
While SPX3000 is a block shape without a frame, SPX4000 is designed with an aluminum high strength frame, holding all the machine body. This feature makes the SPX4000 more stable and durable than its competitor.
Without a doubt, the winner in this round is SPX4000.
Portability And Flexibility
With a compact dimension of 21.2 x 19.33 x 36.64 inches and 27.8 lbs, SPX4000 is more portable than SPX3000, which has 15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9 inches and weighs 31 lbs.
Moreover, for those who have small storage and want to save space, SPX4000 is a suitable choice. You can easily convert it into a fixed stationary cleaning unit, which is tough to do with SPX3000.
So, SPX4000 gets 2 points now withs its flexibility.
Though both products have the same size and design of nozzles, SPX4000 surpasses its rival thanks to the pressure select technology, allowing users to control the power of blasted-water amount and speed smoothly.
This advanced supplement comes with two gears: the 1,450 PSI and 2,030 PSI. The lower is great for cleaning wood decks and everyday dirt and grime, the higher 2,030 is suitable to swipe the stubborn dirt like oil stains on your car.
On the other hand, SPX3000 is equipped with only one pressure setting, 2,030 PSI. Though the quick-connect nozzles support spreading water squirt and reducing the water pressure, it is quite challenging to control the water blasts without any variable switch.
Thus, SPX4000 is more appreciated thanks to its advanced technology.
An exciting feature of SPX3000 is its two detergent tanks containing 30 fl oz of soap in each one. The separate containers are used for different types of cleansers and purposes of use.
On the opposite, SPX4000 has a single built-in detergent tank with a capacity of 54.1 fl oz. So, you cannot adjust the thickness or types of soap.
It is unnecessary in most cases, but I don’t mind if Sun Joe provides more than one tank in a pressure washer. We might need the light liquid to clean the stains on a car without flaking the paint and a stronger soap to remove all stubborn stains.
So, I will add up to 1 point for SPX3000 in this round.
Quick Rundown Of Sun Joe SPX3000
- [POWERFUL]: 14.5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI (at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing) and 1.76 GPM (with nozzle open at minimum pressure) of water flow.Water Inlet Pressure (max) 0.7 Mpa
- [VERSATILE]: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0.9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects.
- [TSS (Total Stop System)]: Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
- [MAX PSI]: At initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing. Max GPM with nozzle open at minimum pressure.
- [NOTE]: To ensure a fully functioning washer, please make sure all hoses and cleaner connections are properly and securely fastened.
Quick Rundown Of Sun Joe SPX4000-PRO
- Powerful motor: powerful 14.5-Amp motor generates up to 2030 psi/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- Pressure select technology: choose from two powerful cleaning options - low/1450 psi for everyday dirt, grease plus grime, and high/2030 psi to tackle your toughest cleaning tasks. Max rating per CSA test standards is 2030 psi. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 psi.
- Detergent tank: onboard 54.1 fl oz. Detergent tank lets you dial-in just the right amount of detergent to give your cleaning blast a boost
- Pro version: comes with quick-connect turbo head Spray nozzle (spx-tsn-34s). turbo spray nozzle cleans 40 percent faster than a standard nozzle
- We’ve got you covered: your new pressure washer is backed by the snow Joe plus Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked.
Sun Joe has built its reputation with well-made products at an affordable price. If you don’t need a commercial pressure washer, SPX4000 and SPX3000 are both fantastic compared to other products in the same segment.
So, Sun Joe SPX3000 vs SPX4000, which one will you pick after reading this review? For me, I’ll go for SPX4000, which only costs a few dollars more, but it can cover all jobs of SPX3000 with more advanced features.