Laguna LT14 SUV Vs 14bx has always been a burning topic in every discussion about the band saws. Finding a deserved winner between these two machines would be troublesome as both deliver incredible features to ensure precise and fast cuts.
In this article, all differences for deciding the winner are explicitly noted, hence saving you a lot of time and effort.
Differences between Laguna LT14 SUV and 14BX
3 main differences between these two machines that play a vital role in deciding the victor are the motor, the table size and the resaw capacity.
In the motor power area, the MBAND144200 14SUV is equipped with one of the most potent motors, which goes up to 3 HP. This motor allows you to cut more lumbers at the same time compared to the MBAND14bx110-175’s 1.75 HP motor.
Regarding the cutting space, the MBAND14bx110-175 takes its point back when providing spacious table dimensions of 21-1/2 x 16 inches. While the case of its rival is 19-3/4 x 15-3/4 inches, the MBAND14bx110-175 indeed offers a much broader place to cut wood.
However, the MBAND144200 14SUV soon gains back its reputation when holding an excellent resaw capacity of 14 inches, which is 2 inches larger than its opponent. This capacity will enable you to cut thinner wood and remarkably suitable to veneer.
As noted in the comparison table above, the MBAND14bx110-175 comes with a much lighter weight compared to the MBAND144200 14SUV. Specifically, it weighs only 260 pounds, up to 80 pounds lighter than its sibling.
What is more, it also comes with a set of wheels, which makes transportation effortless and straightforward.
The MBAND144200 14SUV takes advantage of its sturdy steel construction, hence it is understandable that this factor will cost you some extra cash. However, the gap in the cost between these two saws is quite considerable, as it will require an additional amount of $500 to buy the MBAND144200 14SUV.
Quick Rundown Of Laguna MBAND14bx110-175
- 12" Resaw | height: 70 1/4" 21 1/2" X 16" | table height: 38"
- 7Degree table tilt left | 2 x 4" Dust ports | blade length: 115" | cast iron wheels
- Magnetic starter | dual light mount | 45Degree table tilt right max. | blade width: 3/4" | pyramid-shaped spine
- Min. Blade width: 1/8" | Footprint: 17 1/2" X 22 1/2" | Quick release tension | magnetic blade guard
- Laguna Ceramic Guides | Hi/Low aluminum Fence | Worm Gear Rack & Pinion | Massive Cast Trunnion 8"X13"
- Comes with a sharp and durable blade
- Four wheels available in a set
- Wide cutting table with a built-in work light
- Reliable brake system
- Quite affordable
- Doubtful dust collection
Quick Rundown Of Laguna Tools MBAND144200 14SUV
- Motor: Volt: 220 1 phase | 30 Amp
- Blade Length: 125"
- Resaw Capacity: 14" | Throat: 13 1/4"
- Foot-brake w/ Micro Switch | Rack & Pinion Upper Guide
- Rack & Pinion Table Tilt | Quick Release Tension | Laguna Guides
- Robust motor system
- Huge resaw capacity
- Helpful foot brake with micro switch
- Great dust collection
- Heavy yet firm structure
- Comes with a hefty price
Everything has its pros and cons, and so are the Lagina MBAND14bx110-175 and Laguna Tools MBAND144200 14SUV. Both offer woodworkers with a wide range of functions and benefits besides the shortcomings.
However, if I have to choose one, I would prefer the Lagina MBAND14bx110-175 to be my partner, as it can provide hassle-free cutting work and is budget-friendly.
I hope this Laguna LT14 SUV Vs 14bx comparison would be a great help for you to make a wise choice and find your most suitable companion.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
>>> The 10 Best Cordless Band Saw For The Money
>>> The 10 Best 14 Inch Band Saw