Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the iRobot Roomba i6+ and the iRobot Roomba i7+.
But before checking out explanations regarding their design, cleaning performance, battery, and feature, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robot vacuums:
- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i6+
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7+
- Product Videos
iRobot Roomba i6+ measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 12 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba i7+ measures 13.34 x 13.34 x 3.63 inches and weighs 7.44 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 2200 Pa, Roomba i6+ has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba i7+ has a suction power of 1800 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
Both have a cleaning area of 185 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i6+ and Roomba i7+ both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba i7+ can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba i6+, which has a capacity of 400 ml.
When the dustbin inside the Roomba gets full, the robot vacuum returns to the charging dock, the base sucks up the debris from the container. When the Roomba is done emptying, it returns to continue cleaning. The base holds up to 30 robot’s bins, so you don’t have to empty it for about a month.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i7+ and Roomba i6+ have a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum. Imprint Link Technology allows 2 Roomba & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence – vacuuming & then mopping.
With 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i6+ can operate for about 75 minutes and takes 120 minutes to charge. Roomba i7+ uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 3300 mAh that can work for about 90 minutes and takes 180 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba i6+ uses a camera sensor to map your home layout; the Roomba i7+ uses a camera, odometry sensor. The camera suffers in dark rooms.
Both can store 10 different maps in memory.
Both robot vacuums have an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each region a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Thanks to the digital virtual wall creation feature, both robot vacuums can create no-clean zones, clean zone compartments, and no-clean zones.
Digital blockers.: If there is a room that might not be ready for cleaning or a zone where you have cords, etc., you can set an unlimited amount of digital blocked areas and no-go lines. Once you have done it, the robot would not cross it. You can create a zone by drawing a rectangle or setting the tape (no-go line) on a place you don’t want the robot to cross.
Clean area With this option, you can create a rectangle on the map to make the robot work in the selected area.
The selected housekeeping completes the cleaning, it will generate a map divided into separate rooms. You can merge or split the area as you like if you don’t like the way the robot did.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i6+
- UPGRADE TO A SMARTER CLEAN - The i6plus introduces an exclusive upgrade to Imprint Smart Mapping, giving you the same capabilities and experiences as the Roomba i7plus. Roomba i6plus learns your home to clean and schedule by room, unleashing powerful cleaning.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i6plus to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE and POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7+
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7 to empty itself for up to 60 days..Runtime : 75 minutes
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. (Compared to the Roomba 600 series cleaning system)
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the IRobot Home app enables the i7 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.