Dewalt DCF890B vs DCF883B, both are tough competitors. However, only one can win this battle. Which one is best?
Follow our comparison to get your answer.
The battle of DEWALT DCF890B vs DCF883B has been expected by many DIYers. Both products come from the well-known brand Dewalt, but they have striking differences.
Both can serve you well as mighty DIY tools, however, when it comes to choosing one, which one would you choose? Here is our quick comparison and review of each model’s pros and cons.
Differences between Dewalt DCF890B vs DCF883B.
DEWALT DCF890B vs DCF883B, what are the differences? We will compare them in terms of price, power, and design.
Price – Point to the DEWALT DCF883B.
The first notable difference is pricing. Both the DEWALT DCF890B and the DEWALT DCF883B come from the brand Dewalt, the pioneer in tool-making industries.
In the impact wrench market, they are both priced under $200. However, the DEWALT DCF890B’s price strikes a bit higher than that of the DEWALT DCF883B.
Power DEWALT DCF890B vs DCF883B.
The most distinct difference lies in power. Power is the key to a tool’s efficiency. The DEWALT DCF883B features a lithium-ion battery – the highly modern battery system. This battery often lasts longer than the regular ones while improving the tool’s power up to 40%.
It is a plus point as the lithium-ion incorporated wrench weighs less than the common battery incorporated ones. The torque produced once you press the button is the maximum of 1500 inch-pounds and the motor is able to reach 2700 inches per minute. Does it sound fascinating? Your difficult and heavy-duty task can be dealt with with the help of this powerful tool.
On the contrary, the DEWALT DCF890B or the XR has more humble power to offer. ‘XR’ stands for extreme runtime, which means this tool serves your basic tasks well with a powerful motor.
However, the torque that this model produces only reaches 150-inch pounds which makes it suitable for home tasks such as fastening or loosening lag bolts and nuts, changing bolts and nuts of family cars, or inserting bolts into wood furniture. Moreover, the adjustable speed trigger allows you to easily change the pace suited to various tasks.
Differences between DCF890B VS DCF883B: Design.
The captivating design with compact size and width makes both tools outstanding in the market. However, when you put them together, you can easily tell the difference. The DEWALT DCF883B doubles the DEWALT DCF890B in terms of length and width.
Quick Rundown of DEWALT DCF890B.
- DEWALT built brushless motor for increased efficiency and runtime
- Compact and ergonomic with only 5.5" head length and 2 lbs (tool only)
- Variable speed trigger for added control
- Power Tool Type : Cordless
- 3 LEDs provide visibility in darks areas of jobsite.Battery & Charger Sold Separately
- Cordless power system for more move-around and increased mobility
- The item weighs 2 pounds for portability
- Made of ABS plastic for extra durability
- Brushless motor for easy maintenance and improved working efficiency
- Comes with 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Features a stainless steel belt clip for more comfort when carrying
- Comes as a single product only, battery and charger must be purchased separately
Quick Rundown of DEWALT DCF883B.
- Compact (5.70" front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design fits into tight areas
- Three (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- Hog ring anvil to easily change sockets
- Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort and control
- Compact and average-sized design for small space fitting.
- Features the tri-beam white LED light system with the delay time of 20 seconds on each press for increased visibility.
- Extra lightweight.
- Features anti-slip overgrip for extra comfort and firm hold.
- Also features a belt clip for convenient carrying
- Also comes with 3-year manufacturer warranty
- A little bulkier than the DEWALT DCF890B
- Must take precautions with the trigger
- Separate charger and battery purchase must be required
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
Deciding the winner is a tough job for us. However, we believe that you are able to choose the best air wrench for yourself after reading our comparison post on DEWALT DCF890B vs DCF883B.
Each one has its own pros and cons but we do prefer the DEWALT DCF883B for it’s an affordable yet powerful and compact wrench. How about you? We do hope that our quick comparison can help you out.
One thought on “Dewalt DCF890B VS DCF883B”
Pingback: Nitrocat 1200-K Vs AIRCAT 1150 Review- Which One Is Best?
Comments are closed.