Cat INV2000 and Honda EU2200i: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Cat INV2000 and Honda EU2200i
Below is a summary of the specifications:
The first thing both generators have in common is that they use gasoline. Although their fuel tanks are quite small (0.95 gallons for Honda EU2200i and 1 gallon for Cat INV2000), they can supply sufficient power to the necessary equipment.
The Honda has an engine 121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke, which produces 1800W while operating. Besides, its maximum output starting watts are 2200W.
Cat INV2000 and Honda EU2200i have the same running power, but it generates a greater maximum power than 50W (2250W) thanks to the 79.7 cc OHV 4-stroke engine.
In terms of working time, Cat INV2000 showed superiority with 10 hours of operation. We also appreciate its capacity for energy-saving (0.1 GPH). In contrast, the Honda engine works only 8 hours, and its fuel consumption is 0.12 GPH.
Honda EU2200i will also be the winner when it comes to the noise level category. In detail, the product is one of the quietest generators available in the market, with a noise level of 48 dBA. Even if it is active at night, you don’t have to worry about disturbing your neighbors.
Moreover, the working process of Cat INV2000 is not completely loud, with a noise level of 52 dBA (only equivalent to an operating microwave).
Finally, both generators provide smooth operation with all electrical equipment, including sensitive ones, with a total harmonic distortion of less than 3%.
The dimensions of Honda EU2200i are 16 x 20 x 11 inches. On the contrary, Cat INV2000 seems cumbersome with 19.6 inches in length, 12.5 inches in width, and 18.1 inches in height.
Honda EU2200i weighs 40 pounds, which means you can easily lift it with built-in handles. Unlike the Honda one, moving the Cat INV2000 is more difficult due to its larger weight (48.72 pounds), although both products share the same design.
Both generators use a recoil pull cable to initiate the operation. You can also intervene in the working process thanks to a control knob (Honda EU2200i) or choke switch (Cat INV2000).
Moreover, Honda EU2200i comes up with two 120V AC and one 12V DC (charging station), while the Cat INV2000 has more charge ports – two AC, three DC, and a dual USB outlet.
Additionally, there is a trio of LED lights on the front panel of both generators that serve as notification systems for different situations: oil alert, overload alarm, and output indicator.
The control panels also offer connectors for parallel operation, which allows you to connect another machine of the same model to an existing generator for double capacity. There is a switch for fuel-saving mode on this panel that reduces noise levels and overnight operating.
However, both models lack a data control center that indicates how much power is produced and the number of fuel gauges.
Quick Rundown Of Cat INV2000
No products found.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long-time applications.
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
This article has just shown you a detailed comparison between “Cat INV2000 vs Honda EU2200i”. As mentioned above, there is not much difference between them. But if you love compactness, Honda EU2200i is the best choice. However, Cat INV2000 is also a good option for better operating capacity.
As a final word, we would like to remind you that both are not suitable for harsh industrial environments. You should only consider them for family needs.